Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Baby Shower

We held my sister's Baby Shower this past Saturday. It was a beautiful day - the weather was perfect, not too hot and no humidity. It was held in my Mother's friend's backyard which was the perfect setting. The food was delicious (a very important factor in our family!) There was wonderful conversation and a good time was had by all. Part of the display was some cloths that my sister had worn when she was a baby. In fact, the Christening gown on the left was my paternal Grandfather's.

The other item of interest (though they were all interesting) was this yellow sweater that was crocheted by paternal Grandmother. She was apparently well known for her crocheting, which my mother did not find out until after my Grandmother had passed. I like to think that this is goes to explaining why I am a crocheter - though not of the skill of my Grandmother (yet!) I also used my digital voice recorder which had just arrived. I got my mother to tell me the history of all the cloths. Now I just need to figure out how to edit the file that I have so I can take out the relevant part - and the software to do that.

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

Congrats to your sister!