Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Greatest Children's books ever!



Yes, I did just add the code to have the Harry Potter count down on my site. I love the Harry Potter books! (and have a big party planned to celebrate the release - and, since apparently I am a grown-up, I am staying up all night to read it and plan to have it done by breakfast!)

However the greatest and best Children's series ever is Swallows and Amazons! Written byArthur Ransome, the first book, titled Swallows and Amazons was published in 1930. The last book in this series that he completed was Great Northern in 1947. He was working on another book but he never finished it. These notes were published in the book Coots in the North and Other Stories and you can tell it would have been great if he had finished it!

2 comments:

Robert Earl Stewart said...

YES--Swallows & Amazons. Your Dad and I had quite the chat about them during the winter holidays, nonetheless.

Chrystal said...

I will be up all night as well, however I have a feeling Chelsea is not going to tolerate a book in her face. I hope I finish the book before her first birthday!

Enjoy!