Pages

Friday, August 17, 2007

A very wet golf day

Golfing in the rain!

Well, today was the first time I have ever spent time on a golf course. Only the second time I have ever been on a golf course. The first time was last week when we had an orientation day. This was to raise funds to build a new Library building. The day was pretty fun and it would have been much better except for the weather. Unfortunately, it rained and there was a thunderstorm and if you don't know, a golf course is not the best place to be during a thunderstorm.

I was working a novelty hole. Selling ballots for the entrants to guess how many balls would land on the green during the day. (If you don't understand this and want to know, umm, I got it explained to me so let me know in the comments and I'll attempt to explain - it involves short grass.) Fortunately, we also had a BBQ at our hole. This meant that we had food and a tent!

We got rained out and brought off the course twice (the whole lightening thing.) The golfers were really friendly and understanding about the weather - considering that they paid quite a bit of money to be playing. Although in the end we had a few laughs, I came home a took a nice hot shower since I was cold and damp!

The Golf Course when it wasn't raining.

No comments: